Today marks the end of my bag-a-day challenge. For 30 days I have cleaned out every closet, drawer and nook in my house to get either a bag, box or big ticket item ready for donation or trash.
Here is a breakdown of the challenge:
- 30 (the number of days that I gathered/drove myself crazy)
- 21 (the number of bags of clothing/accessories/home decor/childhood toys/books collected)
- 4 (the number of bags of trash I threw out)
- 2 (the number of boxes of kitchen gadgets/glassware collected)
- 2 (the number of big ticket donations – lawnmower and bike)
- 1 (apparently I collect gift boxes as I had one bag of recycling)
All non-trash/recycling items were donated to various charities in the Charlotte area. Below is a picture of a donation pick up day in the middle of the process.
I’m pretty proud of myself for seeing this challenge all the way to the end, and I am going to try to regularly do a clean out so that I don’t fall back into bad habits. I had a good run with some of these items and I hope that someone else enjoys them as much as I did.